CE: Added additional Living Quarters, personnel capacity still has not increased from default value. Why?

Hello, everyone. I'm surprised I couldn't find an answer to this anywhere online, so I'm hoping someone might have an answer here. How do you increase your base's personnel capacity? I've added two additional Living Quarters, one is right next to the default one, and the second is off to the side bordering another building. They're already built but the base capacity still shows the default of having one Living Quarters.

Am I missing something?

Edit: I decided to see if this behavior had to do with it being played as Community Edition or Normal. So, adding additional Living Quarters did increase my base's personnel capacity in Normal mode. So, turns out that CE has something going on with it that is not allowing it to update the capacity. I just double-checked my theory by starting from new and found that CE does have an issue with not updating the capacity correctly when any new relevant building is built.

Edited by Zzock Q Stow
Added additional info about Normal vs Community Edition.

• Zzock Q Stow changed the title to CE: Added additional Living Quarters, personnel capacity still has not increased from default value. Why?
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

On 3/23/2023 at 4:40 PM, Zaramorte said:

i used X:CE and it worked fine to me... are u using other mods? it could be a conflict or a load order problem

or u could try a fresh reinstall.. sometimes, simply, things go wrong only up

I was able to verify my theory and confirm that CE does in fact have a problem with incorrectly updating the capacity upon the construction of any new relevant building.

On 1/16/2024 at 9:38 AM, zalink said:

I was able to verify my theory and confirm that CE does in fact have a problem with incorrectly updating the capacity upon the construction of any new relevant building.

Confirmation of the capacity upgrade issue in CE supports your theory. Identifying and acknowledging such issues is critical for successful troubleshooting and addressing potential differences during the construction process.