[V16.1 Unable to Hire soldiers]

I'm not sure what brought this on, but perhaps after I reloaded (having exited the game) I found that when I attempt to hire new soldiers, it pops up the window that usually has the list of privates to choose from (heh, heh, heh) but that list is now blank. I suppose this will make my current crop of soldiers all the more precious...

I have plenty of living quarters space and can still hire scientists and engineers.

I found a workaround for this of sorts, not sure if it helps. No amount of reloading or exiting the game fixed the problem. However I found that I could start a new game, which allowed me to purchase soldiers. Then I could load my other saved game from within that game and once again be able to hire soldiers.

The workaround might have been flawed! The soldiers never arrived, and when I tried to transfer soldiers to the base (unfortunately saved the game while they were in transit) the game now crashes shortly after their arrival almost no matter what I did. The only way I could manage to continue the game was to immediately send the troops back to my first base.

Very strange.

This bug has been present in a few builds. I think the pool isn't updating properly with new soldiers. The workaround has been presented earlier too and has caused some issues since you are effectivly hiring soldiers you already have and is causing quite a bit of confusion for the game.

Well, I ran into this as well (no names listed for any bases), and tried the workaround svidangel suggested:

- exit and restart the game;

- start a new game, check if it is possible to recruit new soldiers (it was);

- load my original game from within the new game;

After this I was able to hire soldiers, which actually arrived later on without glitches.

If this won't fix it for you, you might try to transfer a few of your soldiers to the new base before trying to hire new ones - I;ve had an issues with buying hunters that was fixed by this trick.