[v25.5 -General] Xenonauts2.exe won't stay running launched from Windows Explorer or command line

Melee

Description:  When opening Xenonauts2.exe from Windows Explorer or with the included launchWithCheats.bat file it won't stay running. It runs for a bit and maximizes Steam to the Xenonauts2 store page and then closes.  This may be by design, but then why include the bat file?
What Happened:  Was trying to manually install both current build and legacy build concurrently.  Can't get game to stay running when manually launched.

15 hours ago, Melee said:

Description:  When opening Xenonauts2.exe from Windows Explorer or with the included launchWithCheats.bat file it won't stay running. It runs for a bit and maximizes Steam to the Xenonauts2 store page and then closes.  This may be by design, but then why include the bat file?
What Happened:  Was trying to manually install both current build and legacy build concurrently.  Can't get game to stay running when manually launched.

Were you logged into Steam? The steam version of the game does require you being logged into Steam because it tries to connect to the steam achievement system. For me it takes me to Steam and asks me this, and if I click OK then it boots up fine.

You can change the value Steam to local (or Local maybe) in the file store.json and I think it disables the Steam requirement.

image.png

First time from Explorer, I didn't have Steam running, which started Steam and auto-logged me in.  Second time with batch file Steam was already running.  I haven't seen that game launch dialog.  If I run batch from command window cd'd to xenonauts dir without Steam running, X2 window flashes and closes and then Steam appears.  I'l try fiddling with the .json. Thanks.

Edited by Melee