[15.1] Duplicated soldiers

Hey there,

My game keep crashing now. I have duplicated soldiers after some new batch of cannon fodder arrived to supplement my team (3x Pvt. Face-check, occupying 3 slots in chopper as the same number, if you get me. Moving any of them lead to ctd.). Reloading doesn't help, dismissing them just crash the game. Any workaround?

Started a new game, 3 bases, 1 month in, 3 terror sites, 16 missions, 90 downed ufos and on my way back from Bangkok one soldier got duplicated again and its constantly crashing. I think I will wait for beta. I know its alpha, but still, this is unplayable at this point. Any time I make any progress my game get corrupted and I have to start from scratch.

Anyone have any clue can this be avoided?

Same problem with duplicated soldiers.

Look's like it take place from October 1st.

As I tried to understood the conditions:

1. If you have not enough money to pay monthly wages&costs then you will have some warning message and duplicated soldiers on base (bases). It happens even if monthly income enough to cover your monthly expenses.

2. You have enough money on you account to pay monthly wages&costs. No warning message appeared. All looks Ok but when you try to load any savegame from October it cause CTD.

Actually I am at September 29th atm bro, and since I have had a shitload of missions, and sold all the spoils of war, I have 2.9mil in my wallet, so I guess Oct 1st is not the issue here. Well, not in my case.

I am trying to figure out have I done something extra special to cause this, and nothing come to mind :) Previous game I have managed to get to mid October before this problem occured.

I think I have found the reason for duplicated soldiers. It could be recruiting new ones. I tried it 2 times now, and every time when they are about to arrive some of my soldiers get duplicated and instead of being assigned to chinook-1, they have a training/chinook-99 in the dropdown menu in personnel tab, they get duplicated, and ctd is fast to come and entire game get corrupted.

I will try different approach now, I will just recruit shitload of cannon fodder from start (since first batch I have recruited at day 1 didn't cause any problems), and build more space asap for future engi and scientists. I will keep you posted.

[possible solution]

I think I figured out what's the problem here. I tried recruiting about 20 soldiers to see if I can get to the bottom of this and I found there are several of them duplicated in the list. So, since I rename all my soldiers right away to my friends and family, I didn't notice this before.

So for instance, I just started a new game, I didn't rename my base team, and on recruiting new ones (when you get the select option from the list of soldiers) I saw some of them (that I already have aboard) still available to be recruited. So I checked their stats and they are exact match. Basically, you can actually recruit the same soldier twice (even ones that you already have in your barracks), so, that is crashing the game. To avoid it, till its fixed, just take care with recruiting, and check their names before you do.

Edited by Comrade Mrki

Look's like that you can hire only one time 12 soldiers,

else when you hire soldiers second time, previously hired soldiers can just removed from both "personal"&"soldiers" screens but they are still present in "assignment" window of "soldiers" screen and on "aircraft" screen.

It does not depend from base you hire soldiers.

Also you can start training only for 11 rookie soldiers - the training button for 12th soldier simply not highlighted and could not pressed by mouse button instead this the "not assigned/chinook01" menu appeared.

Edited by Smashroom

Can confirm that duplicated soldiers are still happening in v16. I'm not sure when it occurred, as I only just noticed that I've got a duplicate (exact name & stats).

Note: In this save I have often used the workaround of starting a new game, then loading my previous save in order to get around the empty hire screen.

Dismissing one of the duplicates causes crashes on re-entering the personal screen, and if visiting the soldier screen (after dismissing) the suspect soldier doesn't have a face or portrait.

Here is the save:

http://www.filedropper.com/2012-10-16124540