[V15.1]Multiple CTD - is there a debug script we can use ?

hi

1st just wanna say, im really enjoying the game...when i can play it. still have high hopes !

however im getting so many CTD's i dont know where to start, or what im doing at the time that may cause a CTD

using Desura, win7 64bit

i can play the game for about 15min then it crashes.

-seems loading from ground combat game corrupts the file- invisible people and aliens (even when workaround is used). CTD when alien is killed.

-loading from geospace file works for one ground combat. 2nd ground combat mission causes CTD

-sending choppa on 2 missions (without returning to base) causes CTD

-had CTD from just loading into a ground mission (1st mission after a geospace load)

have not had a CTD during ground combat at all (except that save game issue). always from / in geospace.

no CTD issues

-have had the usual clipping, pathing, dead body still looks alive but unmovable that others have reported

-during air combat (when you have more than 4 planes across all bases) planes marked 1, 2 on radar are shown on the side panel as 4, 5

-looping sound of footsteps during hidden movement, however rest of ground mission is still playable (yes footsteps persist)

i still havent made it out of the month of sept. once a CTD happens its very painful to continue. usually about 10 CTD's to progress one or two missions.

cheers

Hi bennyj16, and welcome to this forum.

I'll start from the last one - you can find instructions on how to connect your desura account to the forum here

Then, I'll have to ask you if you're using a plain v15.1 or if you did apply my patch that covers CTD on farm missions loading (more infos here).

Sorry to hear you're so unlucky in playing, many others have crashes but you seem to have a very bad luck with them!

One of the most annoying is the fact that savegames from 1st october on do always crash on loading, which may be the cause of some of your issues.

About ground combat loading crashes, can you please give me some more details? for example, were they crashsites or terror missions? Did you save on combat beginning or after having done some turns?

Thanks.

Same here, downloaded yesterday and am loving the game except that in about 5 hours of gameplay i have had to restart 3 times and have CTD more times than i can count under SO many different circumstances. My most recent one appears to be when a squadron gets back to base from a interception i CTD. having said that i experienced a whole host of CTD and save game corruptions just before that and had to revert to an earlier autosave.

cheers for that giovanni.

i think im using plain old 15.1. i havent downloaded those hotfix files - will do that soon.

the desura changelog shows:

Sep 22 2012, 12:48am - VERSION: V15.1

FIXED

minor Chinook bug

as for the ground combat loading crashes - i get the feeling its a bad save file.

has only happened when i play the one save game. its annoying as its my most progressed game lol. i load into the geospace and everything is fine. a ufo appears and i shoot it down, start the ground mission and at the black screen that says "may take a minute to load", the game hangs and then CTD.

oh and also - is that 1st oct savegame bug, the ingame date or the actual todays date?

i havent been able to progress past sept 1979 ingame

...and i only got the game yesterday ;)

It's the in game date. It's hit and miss though, some October saves work some don't, even when they're made within seconds of each other.

It is an ingame date. But it seems to be not only the 1st october alone, because if you didn't do anything till october, then the savegames in october works. But on the most normal played games, the savegames get corrupted in october (and sometimes they begin to work again).

-during air combat (when you have more than 4 planes across all bases) planes marked 1, 2 on radar are shown on the side panel as 4, 5

The marks on the radar are only the number of the plane on the side panel. That means 1 on radar is the interceptor on the top of the side panel and 2 on radar is the second interceptor on the side panel etc. The F17-1 is only the callsign of the aircraft (it is set when the aircraft is built). You can check that by sending the aircrafts in another order (just click on F17-3 first, when you choose your aircrafts to intercept, then F17-3 will be on the top of the side panel. If you roll it, then the fighter with radar number 1 rolls).