[v25.5 - General] UI windows missing borders

Melee

Description: Various popup and button windows in game lack top or bottom border.
What Happened:  UI elements drawn without border.
Further information:  More examples in my posts in v25 feedback thread. Running native resolution of 1680x1050.

Game tooltip border.jpg

Top border.jpg

Edited by Melee

• Melee changed the title to [v25.5 - General] UI windows missing borders
6 hours ago, Melee said:

Description: Various popup and button windows in game lack top or bottom border.
What Happened:  UI elements drawn without border.
Further information:  More examples in my posts in v25 feedback thread. Running native resolution of 1680x1050.

Game tooltip border.jpg

Top border.jpg

Ugh. Remind me of this during Early Access. Fixing this is probably going to take a long time, and we need to figure out a solution that fixes things for all non 16:9 resolutions while we're there.

OK.  Is it a GDI pen width/scaling thing?

Edit: Don't know your drawing approach, but thinking back many many moons ago when Windows was the new kid on block, fwiw I switched from a BitBlt with scaling to a draw width as a proportion of available resolution with enforced minimum width approach due to thin features getting Blt'd into the void. Some resolutions were a bit chunkier than others but all the lines were there.

Edited by Melee