[v25.4B - Geoscape/General] Terror Site tactical battle won't commence

Melee

Description:  When dropship reaches terror site clicking 'Commence Tactical Battle' doesn't and Geoscape time continues running.
What Happened:  Timed terror site dropship arrival for daylight.  By time dropship arrived terror site would have expired if dropship had not been enroute.  Clicking 'Commence Tactical Battle' on terror mission dialog returned to the Geoscape with time running but dropship not moving and battle not commencing.

Edit:  I loaded earlier save and reached terror site (different date and location) before it expired and tactical battle still won't commence.  I also tried returning dropship to base for a bit and then returning to terror site.

output.log user_day_54_manual_save-61.json

Edited by Melee

21 hours ago, Melee said:

Description:  When dropship reaches terror site clicking 'Commence Tactical Battle' doesn't and Geoscape time continues running.
What Happened:  Timed terror site dropship arrival for daylight.  By time dropship arrived terror site would have expired if dropship had not been enroute.  Clicking 'Commence Tactical Battle' on terror mission dialog returned to the Geoscape with time running but dropship not moving and battle not commencing.

Edit:  I loaded earlier save and reached terror site (different date and location) before it expired and tactical battle still won't commence.  I also tried returning dropship to base for a bit and then returning to terror site.

output.log 213.49 kB · 0 downloads user_day_54_manual_save-61.json 384.97 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks. Yeah, I can reproduce this. I think this is my fault; it's a bug caused by you continuing a previous campaign in V24.3b I think? It's looking for a file that didn't exist in standard V24.3.

EDIT - sorry, mixed my version numbers up in this post. See my most recent post for the correct numbers.

4 hours ago, Melee said:

I started a new campaign for v25.4 only continuing into v25.4b.  I'll clean reinstall 25.4b and restart, maybe it will fix some of the other weirdness too.  Is there an ETA on 25.5?

Yeah, it'll be arriving in the next 24 hours so I wouldn't start a new campaign until that arrives!

Sorry, I got my numbers mixed up in the previous post. The issue is that v25.4b has an update that looks for a file that didn't exist in standard v25.4, which is what was causing this issue here. I think it'll work fine if you start a new campaign in v25.4b, but as mentioned above you may as well just wait for v25.5 at this point.

22 minutes ago, Melee said:

Should we do clean installs for each version release? I've been letting Steam handle the update.

No, things should be fine in future.

It's just that I released V25.4b as an update that didn't break save compatability when I shouldn't have, because carrying on a V25.4 campaign in V25.4b creates the bug that you encountered here. The game is looking for data that didn't exist when you originally created your campaign.

No need to worry about it, just a little mistake I made at my end.