[v25.3 - Strategy Layer] Quick Saves sometimes corrupted and hang program if selected on loading screen.

Melee

I'm currently on day 79 of 3rd campaign playthrough. In that time, I've encountered three or four instances of corrupt quick saves when they were made near to another event happening on the strategy layer.  The save file attached was made as I played around with the time to see if the dropship could reach a crash site in time. The save was made as the crash site disappeared.  The other corrupt instances happened when a research project finished, engineering project finished, or after ground mission report popped up coinciding with when I quick saved.  My storage device is an SSD.

Edit: I don't know what is going on. The attached save hung the program when selected on the loading screen the first time I played the game today. Restarted game and it works. Also wasn't the save I thought it was.

quick-8.json

Edited by Melee

3 hours ago, Melee said:

I'm currently on day 79 of 3rd campaign playthrough. In that time, I've encountered three or four instances of corrupt quick saves when they were made near to another event happening on the strategy layer.  The save file attached was made as I played around with the time to see if the dropship could reach a crash site in time. The save was made as the crash site disappeared.  The other corrupt instances happened when a research project finished, engineering project finished, or after ground mission report popped up coinciding with when I quick saved.  My storage device is an SSD.

Edit: I don't know what is going on. The attached save hung the program when selected on the loading screen the first time I played the game today. Restarted game and it works. Also wasn't the save I thought it was.

quick-8.json 1.66 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks. You're not the only person reporting this issue, but it sounds like it's never reproducible so it's not a problem with the save games themselves. It seems like there's a memory leak in the game that's causing problems so I think we'll try and fix that first and see if this problem also goes away as a result, but if not then we'll look into this in the next major build.