[v25.3 Playtest - Ground Combat] Crash to Desktop

Melee

• Description:  "I was playing cleaner base mission and the game crashed to desktop when I moved shield guy at start of turn after shooting and killing a cleaner previous turn.
  • What Happened: The prior turn I moved a shield unit, pistol killed a cleaner with 1 aimed shot. Ended turn, next turn moved shield unit back to where he had been prior turns. He turned 180 to move and CtD.
  • Further information:
    • Reloading turn save did not reproduce.
    • Intel DQ35JO / Intel E8500 / 8 GB / Nividia GTX 560 Ti (v391.35) / Win7x64 / Crucial CT1000MX500 SSD

crash.dmp error.log output_log.txt

On 12/28/2022 at 5:41 AM, Melee said:
  • Description:  "I was playing cleaner base mission and the game crashed to desktop when I moved shield guy at start of turn after shooting and killing a cleaner previous turn.
  • What Happened: The prior turn I moved a shield unit, pistol killed a cleaner with 1 aimed shot. Ended turn, next turn moved shield unit back to where he had been prior turns. He turned 180 to move and CtD.
  • Further information:
    • Reloading turn save did not reproduce.
    • Intel DQ35JO / Intel E8500 / 8 GB / Nividia GTX 560 Ti (v391.35) / Win7x64 / Crucial CT1000MX500 SSD

crash.dmp 183.15 kB · 0 downloads error.log 31.46 kB · 0 downloads output_log.txt 236.75 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks for the report. I'll talk to the coders but looking at the logs I think this crash is the result of a memory leak in the game causing your system to run out of memory, rather than being anything to do with what was happening in the game.

I had been playing with 4 GB to apply stress. I've added another 4 GB for a total of 8 GB which still isn't enough. If I play for several hours, the commit charge climbs continuously while playing (16 GB+).  I have another motherboard I'm going to switch to that can hold 32 GB to see if it ever stops consuming memory.

9 hours ago, Melee said:

I had been playing with 4 GB to apply stress. I've added another 4 GB for a total of 8 GB which still isn't enough. If I play for several hours, the commit charge climbs continuously while playing (16 GB+).  I have another motherboard I'm going to switch to that can hold 32 GB to see if it ever stops consuming memory.

Thanks, but you don't need to do that. I've basically confirmed on my own machine that there's definitely a memory leak, we just need to get it fixed!