[v25.3 - General] Can't load latest save

asdfcyber

The load button is disabled and no information is displayed for this quicksave:

image.thumb.png.17cd353b7963bec2529539d9c0f4c925.png

When manually saving that manual save has the same problem, but if I then select the quicksave that information loads and its button works. Selecting the manual save again then also shows the information and button for that save.

Edit: forgot the log

output_savefiles.log

Edited by asdfcyber

3 hours ago, asdfcyber said:

The load button is disabled and no information is displayed for this quicksave:

image.thumb.png.17cd353b7963bec2529539d9c0f4c925.png

When manually saving that manual save has the same problem, but if I then select the quicksave that information loads and its button works. Selecting the manual save again then also shows the information and button for that save.

Edit: forgot the log

output_savefiles.log 4.05 MB · 0 downloads

Hmmm, is this in your hacked game where you made it load an old V25.2 campaign?

Still no clue how to reproduce it, but this save can't be loaded even if I click it or click another one first. The load save button is not disabled this time though.

image.thumb.png.7db19f13d3e36a7968ef9ae9b0639b46.png

This is in a new v25.3 campaign. There are a couple of NRE's in the log regarding

Xenonauts.Common.UI.Elements.AbstractSaveLoadMenuElement.SetSelectedSaveGameRow

(how do I do inline code here? <code>like this?</code> `or this`?)

output_nosaveload.log

On 12/27/2022 at 7:27 PM, asdfcyber said:

Still no clue how to reproduce it, but this save can't be loaded even if I click it or click another one first. The load save button is not disabled this time though.

image.thumb.png.7db19f13d3e36a7968ef9ae9b0639b46.png

This is in a new v25.3 campaign. There are a couple of NRE's in the log regarding

Xenonauts.Common.UI.Elements.AbstractSaveLoadMenuElement.SetSelectedSaveGameRow

(how do I do inline code here? <code>like this?</code> `or this`?)

output_nosaveload.log 7.28 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks. I've logged the visual issue where save games could remain visually selected (but not actually selected) when you re-open that panel, and hopefully we'll fix it shortly.

Can you provide the save that you can't load? Or is not being able to load it not reproducible?

I'd also consider deleting all your save games to see if this bug goes away as a result. If you've got even one corrupted save as a result of editing the game files to force the version number it could be causing this screen to mess up when it gets loaded.

7 minutes ago, Chris said:

Can you provide the save that you can't load? Or is not being able to load it not reproducible?

It happened somewhat frequently (a couple of times per day, but I've been playing a lot), but it was not consistent - they usually load just fine from the main menu. I don't remember if that was the case here as well, so I attached it anyway. If you're interested I can provide you with the >550 savefiles in my current campaign to see if that makes things more reproducible?

I don't think that a corrupted save was the issue here because of the inconsistent behaviour, and the fact that this is was a newly generated save in a newly generated v25.3 campaign - the file I edited was just a single savefile and that one loaded fine back when I was trying that. I'll try deleting everything though - after I've archived it all :)

auto_groundcombat_turn_9_start-68.json