[V14 Groundcombat - End of Turn Freeze]

Situation: First mission, Enemy's turn (perhaps turn 5). AI draws reaction fire from my MG. Single shot reaction hits a gas drum and causes a huge explosion killing the alien. Goes back to Hidden Movement screen and stays there. Waited 3 minutes, no change.

I could still move my mouse cursor, hear music and the clicking noise of the cursor.

Thoughts: Seemed odd that the MG only fired one round, might be a bug related to this. Either that or the fact that the first round caused a gas explosion, whereas normally five rounds would come out all at once. Maybe something to do with the way in which you code in the explosion (if its based on the first round hitting) which then supercedes rounds 2-5.

Thoughts: Sounds like a combination of this bug and this bug.

Suggested Work Around: Since V14 is still doing it, I'd Suggest doing what most of us have done to handle the reaction fire crash bug, use up all your APs on your turn. This won't stop the MG soldier, since that bug still works (as of V13.2 anyway) but it'll reduce the chances. Just make sure all visible aliens are already dead and that your front guys are in cover when you end your turn and then hope for the best :P

Had the similar result with the MG guy. He reaction-fired and killed an alien (BTW, an invisible non-combatant alien). The game hung centered on my guy, nothing happend for quite some time.

P.S. I recall that MG one shot reaction fire was a bug in some old releases. And missing non-combatant sprites i reported in early 13. I see just a shadow under him. The death animation works properly.