v24.6 Terror mission not triggering upon dropship arrival

Twigg

I am able to reproduce the bug consistently with the attached save. I approach a terror site with the dropship and once it arrives I get the popup to start the combat mission. I select yes but nothing happens. I know the game hasn't crashed as the strategy clock is still going. I have tried moving the dropship away and then reinitiating the terror mission and the same thing happens.

This is the second time this has happened to me this campaign but I forgot to document the first one. Let me know if you need anything else from my end.

output.log user_strategy3-70.json

On 11/7/2022 at 2:04 AM, Twigg said:

I am able to reproduce the bug consistently with the attached save. I approach a terror site with the dropship and once it arrives I get the popup to start the combat mission. I select yes but nothing happens. I know the game hasn't crashed as the strategy clock is still going. I have tried moving the dropship away and then reinitiating the terror mission and the same thing happens.

This is the second time this has happened to me this campaign but I forgot to document the first one. Let me know if you need anything else from my end.

output.log 1 MB · 1 download user_strategy3-70.json 675.71 kB · 1 download

Thanks, apologies for the slow reply. 

This is a strange bug because the reason the tactical combat won't start is because something has got broken on the strategy layer - specifically the research project for the Guardian armour, which it looks like should have unlocked in your campaign but hasn't.

I think this might be due to an annoying bug we're struggling to chase down where random data is deleted on random game entities. Have you been autoresolving air combat or fighting it manually? We think it might be tied to the transition between the strategy layer and the air combat.

No worries. 

I have been mostly doing manual air combat. I did notice an issue with the guardian armor but wasn't sure if it was a WIP or an actual bug.

I have started a new campaign and haven't run into the same issue yet but I have also not yet unlocked guardian armor so we will see if that triggers the issue again.

I am also having an issue with targeting during air combat but I can't tell if that is user error or a bug.

20 hours ago, Twigg said:

No worries. 

I have been mostly doing manual air combat. I did notice an issue with the guardian armor but wasn't sure if it was a WIP or an actual bug.

I have started a new campaign and haven't run into the same issue yet but I have also not yet unlocked guardian armor so we will see if that triggers the issue again.

I am also having an issue with targeting during air combat but I can't tell if that is user error or a bug.

Sure, create a bug thread for the air combat targetting - screenshots / saves / videos would help diagnose the problem I think.

For what it's worth, I think I've seen some weird targetting behaviour in the AC too although I can't reliably reproduce them.