Closed Beta V23.7 Geoscape CTD Problem

Wyldefyre_CP

Day 245 at 022230 - no matter which of several save games I have tried, at this point of this day the game crashes .... I've tried both the 'clean reinstall' options but reinstalling Xenonauts 2 always leads me back to this issue.  I was returning from a successful combat mission of a downed ufo at the time and the CTD happens midflight on the way back to base .... I've tried readjusting the flight pattern, dismissing two soldiers that were close to coming out of medical at two different bases that day, telling the engineers to stop their project, refighting the whole downed ufo battle, trailing the ufo and fighting it later somewhere else, harvesting the ufo instead of engaging in a ground battle, etc ... always come back to this exact time and crash to desktop.

I'm still playing by way of Windows 7  Home Premium 64 bit, DirectX 11 if that helps.

user__give_it_a_shot_2-100.json

On 10/28/2022 at 2:38 PM, Wyldefyre_CP said:

Day 245 at 022230 - no matter which of several save games I have tried, at this point of this day the game crashes .... I've tried both the 'clean reinstall' options but reinstalling Xenonauts 2 always leads me back to this issue.  I was returning from a successful combat mission of a downed ufo at the time and the CTD happens midflight on the way back to base .... I've tried readjusting the flight pattern, dismissing two soldiers that were close to coming out of medical at two different bases that day, telling the engineers to stop their project, refighting the whole downed ufo battle, trailing the ufo and fighting it later somewhere else, harvesting the ufo instead of engaging in a ground battle, etc ... always come back to this exact time and crash to desktop.

I'm still playing by way of Windows 7  Home Premium 64 bit, DirectX 11 if that helps.

user__give_it_a_shot_2-100.json 7.54 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks. I think this is fixed in the newer V24 builds on the Experimental branches, so when we update the standard branches with that patch this won't be a problem.