v24.1 - inactive planes in interceptor squadrons

Solver

Launch a squadron of two interceptors at a UFO. Once in combat, only one plane works properly. It has UI controls and acts normally. The other plane is visible graphically but has no controls on the right hand side, cannot be clicked on, and doesn't fire any weapons. It flies in a straight line and does take damage.

I thought this was related to using missiles - I got the problem after equipping the plane with missiles - but one of the things I tried was to return the plane to double autocannon loadout, but it was still bugged.

user_missilebug-2.json

9 hours ago, Solver said:

Launch a squadron of two interceptors at a UFO. Once in combat, only one plane works properly. It has UI controls and acts normally. The other plane is visible graphically but has no controls on the right hand side, cannot be clicked on, and doesn't fire any weapons. It flies in a straight line and does take damage.

I thought this was related to using missiles - I got the problem after equipping the plane with missiles - but one of the things I tried was to return the plane to double autocannon loadout, but it was still bugged.

user_missilebug-2.json 451.27 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks. That's super bizarre, never heard of that behaviour before. I can reproduce it from the save so we'll take a look and see if we can figure out what's happening.

3 hours ago, Solver said:

Yeah, hopefully you can debug this successfully. I have no firm idea of the trigger, but I did equip that plane with missiles before the previous ground combat mission, so that's the only hint I have.

I think there's a good chance this is just another weird manifestation of the bug that's randomly deleting data on certain entities when going to and from ground combat.

We're going to have to put some thought into how we try and find and fix that one, I think.