Problem with bleeding wounds: reaction fire

I first must say that I like the bleeding wounds system. It's all good until you get hit with reaction fire since the notice about a bleeding wound isn't informed until the next round. I find the problem biggest when you start running into plasma rifles since they might leave some soldiers with about 2 health so next round they just drop dead. Could we possible change it so you get notified when the reaction fire happens?

Whilst we're looking at them... I'm not sure how complex it is to add ui stuff in this engine, but would it be possible to add a blood drop to the side (ie out of the way of the suppression indicator) with a number showing how many bleeding wounds the trooper has?

Then if you get hit by reaction fire the troopers ui would have a blood drop next to it.

But if you get notified when you're guy gets shot he's still gonna bleed to death next turn... It would be better if it says "X has bleed to death" at the start of the turn so you can keep track of who's dieing.

Not true of reaction fire, if you know he's been hit and wounded (rather than just hit and taking damage) you can change your plans and get him over to someone with a med pack / get some with a med pack to him and heal the bleeding wounds that turn, then he doesn't bleed out.

(or the person running to save him takes reaction fire too and dies leading to some epic movie style moments lol :D)

Not true of reaction fire, if you know he's been hit and wounded (rather than just hit and taking damage) you can change your plans and get him over to someone with a med pack / get some with a med pack to him and heal the bleeding wounds that turn, then he doesn't bleed out.

:D)

Yeah I thought I read OP wrong while I was typing... Oh well... We still need to know if someone bleeds out, I've had guys bleed to death without any notification.

I'm think I've seen Xenonauts bleed in the square at the start of the turn to show that your soldier was dieing, I think that got implemented, it was mention in the bleeding wounds thread. But your suggestion sounds better.

Edited by Gorzahg
I shouldn't post stuff when I'm tired.