Firstly I know what you're thinking and no this is nothing to do with the terrorist group in Spain...

I just wanted to ask Chris if he knew roughly (no pressure at all) when the ETA for Xenonauts is. I'm happy for Goldhawk to take as long as they need to make the game as awesome as possible. I just need to know if I should be saving my last weeks worth of holiday from work for the Xenonauts release this year, or if it won't be till next year sometime?

Thanks

Based on the fact that the new tile artist won't be starting work until late September/October, I doubt it'll be this year.

May get beta just before Christmas through.

Doubt it'll take that long for beta, Ace. Unless putting the new UI in takes a lot of time. We can launch the beta with incomplete tilesets. The artist has handed his notice in and will be starting full time here in early October but is still working on new tiles in the meantime.

I'm hoping for the beta in about three months. Then at least two months in beta. Christmas release would be the earliest I think. Timeframes are kind of hard to estimate though so I'm basically just guessing.

That said, I'm hopeful the AI coding stuff will be resolved shortly and that would remove one of the largest obstacles in our path at the moment. Once that's gone, the road would look remarkably clear.