[v12.11] Geoscape: forecast change in funding counts down as I move the mouse.

Bug: As I move the pointer around the geoscape, when it is not in a territory (e.g. the sea) the "forecast change" value drops in direct relation to the speed the mouse moves at.

Steps to repro:

1) Fight enough battles (air or ground) to boost "forecast change" to a reasonable figure - say $10,000

2) Move the pointer away from all territories so it rests on land that is not a territory. (pacfic or atlantic sea are good for this, but any sea will do)

3) Move the pointer anywhere in a non-territory location, and watch the "forecast change" below income and upkeep. The should go down. The faster you move the pointer, the faster it goes down.

I think this is because when you have the mouse over a territory, it shows the forecast change for that continent only. So, if that's where your base is located and you've been doing well there, then it may be that that continent is upping their funding by £10,000. But when you move to a sea area, it shows the total forecast change for the whole world. So while your homebase's continent may be upping funding by £10,000, all of the other territories where you've not been very active may be reducing their funding by a combined total of £60,000. So when you're over the sea, your forecast will show -£50,000.

If you're saying that the figure decreases while moving around purely over the sea, then yeah, that sounds like a bug. I just thought I'd explain that first of all as it confused me originally too.

The decreasing funding is not really a bug. When the aliens build a base somewhere in the world, it will cause a steady decrease the funding from the region it is located in.

If you move the mouse over that region, you'll see its estimated funding change steadily becoming more negative. If you do it over the ocean, you'll see the same thing for your worldwide funding. Moving the mouse doesn't change the rate that the funding is lost, just the rate at which the losses are shown in the UI.

The fact that the funding amounts only update when the mouse is moved is probably a minor bug. Ideally it would be updated all the time (though it might be reasonable to do it every game-minute or so instead of every frame).