[10.2] Ground Combat / Geoscape - Soldier Surviving Issues

So I was doing my first scout recovery mission and I had an incident where I was faced with an alien in a building (I think it was one of the Ceseans?). Please save any derogatory comments on my playing skill for the end. :P

So two Xenonauts walked up to the doorway of this house, and one opens the door and fires and misses. Then I managed my TU's badly and the alien shot and killed him.

The next Xenonaut walks up to the door and gets killed by reaction fire in the same tile as the first (He was either killed or brought to near-0 health, but either way he fell down).

I sent a third Xenonaut to the tile just beyond where those two xenonauts fell. Reaction fire would have hit him too, except for the first bug - it hit one of the dead Xenonauts in the tile in front of the living guy (The shot stopped in their tile and I saw one of them 'die' again). It only happened once - after that Xenonauts and the alien fired through the tile several times without repeating the effect.

It didn't help - I left the Xenonaut there to shoot into the house and he got waxed too. Not learning my lesson, I sent in a fourth to die. I finished it by sending in a vehicle (also, I'm pretty sure that I had 'secured' the UFO for five turns by now, to no avail).

At the mission's end, it said three of the four 'dead' were killed in action (0% health), and one had survived (1% health).

However, when I went to the menu in the base after the Chinook arrived, I noticed that both the wounded and all the 'dead' soldiers had been returned to base and were recovering (from 0% health - takes 17 days to come back from the dead, apparently.)

You've stumbled accross a couple of known bugs working together and one not-very-well-documented feature.

"Dead soldiers stopping bullets by dying again" is a known issue.

Multiple deaths per tile doing odd things may be a new bug though.

There's also a revive mechanic for soldiers who get killed in combat, if they've 0 health they've a 50% chance of surviving (shown by the 1% hp), down to 0% chance at -20 hp. Chris is probably going to make this a bit more obvious by adding something like a "resusitated" tag in the end of round stats if this mechanic has been used.

Having a load of dead soldiers revive on the Chinook is another bug, which also affects vehicles. I've had one Hunter blown up on two missions on the trot and not actually lost it.