Saves and Staff - not really related

Starting with Save files:

I understand the need for up-to-date data when running a beta to find the bugs record things before a ctd. The rapid  growth toward an infinite number of saves, however, could be hidden behind a page tab so that I could easily find my saves. Aside from not having a list of my saves on the "Save" window so I could overwrite if I want, there are 10 saves in about every 5 minutes pushing my saves far off the load screen -- not to mention how much disk space all these saves are eating. Is there an easy solution to this that I haven't spotted yet?

On the staff issue... I finished one of the map missions and selected the 2 engineers. They are at the base, but I don't see any way to assign them to the workshop.

8 minutes ago, Challenge said:

Starting with Save files:

I understand the need for up-to-date data when running a beta to find the bugs record things before a ctd. The rapid  growth toward an infinite number of saves, however, could be hidden behind a page tab so that I could easily find my saves. Aside from not having a list of my saves on the "Save" window so I could overwrite if I want, there are 10 saves in about every 5 minutes pushing my saves far off the load screen -- not to mention how much disk space all these saves are eating. Is there an easy solution to this that I haven't spotted yet?

On the staff issue... I finished one of the map missions and selected the 2 engineers. They are at the base, but I don't see any way to assign them to the workshop.

Yeah, the vast amounts of saves generated can be a bit of a pain. Are you playing on V7 (normal branches) or V8 (experimental branches)? The empty save list is fixed in V8, and the staff management system auto-assigns your staff in V8 too.

Almost...

There is still a list onthe load window that pushes my saves which help me track where I am in the sequence of events off the window. Either a limited number of auto saves or a separate tab in the load window please. I don't need to see all those tracking saves until there is a problem. It's tedious, which leads to frustration, trying to find my save files.