Missile base layout and architecture

I was looking at the images of the Xenonaut missile base and it seemed strange to me. I knew I had read about missile base design somewhere and looked at some sites online to refresh my memory. I found information that I think could be useful in updating the game's layout of the missile base. Right now the control center is on the ground level. This is unrealistic as typically the sensitive areas of the base are heavily protected underground. I found this page dedicated to the Titan 2 missile base: http://www.titan2icbm.org/ and here's what it has to say about the main control center:

"The control center was a buried, reinforced, concrete structure designed to withstand the effects of a nuclear blast. The ground shock accompanying the blast was nullified in the control center by a three level shock isolation cage supported by eight shock mounts hung form the domed roof. Each shock mount consisted of suspension rods and coil springs. The coil springs were mounted so that they would compress when supporting the static loads. Vertical shock was attenuated by additional compression of the springs. Vertical damping of the system was provided by four rotary-type shock absorbers. The frictional forces in the universal joints of the suspension rods were sufficient to provide damping of the lateral motion."

Here's an illustration:

2096737695_missilebaselayout.thumb.jpg.7890eaabe9d423bf1c4b16d225146916.jpg

If you don't want to make any drastic changes to what you've already got (though it would be so cool to have an actual missile base layout to play with!), you could think about rearranging the location of some of your base rooms? Maybe put your command/control center in the middle or at the bottom along with the research labs?

I posted the same illustration in the base thread lol.  And we're not the only one that thinks that as first impression, too.

But you know what, it is just a game. It Goldhawk decides to get rid of the XCOM mimic impression by making the base more realistic, kudos to them.  If they decide to spend our kickstarter money elsewhere, I don't mind either.

Edited by Sheepy