[GEOSCAPE] North American continent

I started up a new game and placed my base on the NA continent. I noticed it seemed that alot of destroyed alien ships (light scout, scout) that were over land would not create a crash site, as though they were shot down over water. I never experienced this over in Europe/ Soviet Union

Did it say "crashes into the sea" or did it say "destroyed" ?

Fighters allways get destroyed as they can't spawn crashsites.

How much damage are you dealing to the light scout and/or scout. Are you fireing everything you got at them? In that case it could be that you simply overkill them to the point that you obliderate them in the sky. It's a feature that if you deal too much damage they are destroyed instead of crashing.

I have noticed the same. I still haven't got any crashsite in America.

My first base is in North Africa, second base in Mexico and final base in China. And the result of air-combat is "Destroyed" over America (North and South).

Air-combat from fighters of first base give 3-4 crashsites in a row, then 1 out of approx 25 air-combats.

I've not had that problem at all. I've got a base in NA and don't remember any "destroyed" UFOs except for fighters. I only send 1 F17 when the target is a fighter or light scout. Often only send 1 against scouts as well. As long as I'm careful about rolling my planes before they get shot, I've not had a problem with either getting them too damaged or totally destroying the enemy. **shrug**

I have had crash sites in North America (10 out of 11 so far). The only crash site near my new 2nd base in Indochina caused the game to stop during the Hidden Movement screen - right when I had a chance at the next component for research.