UI Suggestion: Soldier equipment screen weight improvement

The soldier in the "soldier equipment" screen does not clearly show the max weight allowed without AP penalty.

Adding and removing weapons and equipment, so that there is no AP penalty, is a trial and error process.

The player has to try to assign a weapon or item to the soldier. If the weight bar remains green, it's ok, otherwise another loadout should be chosen.

In the end this trial and error process gets a bit annoying.

I think the equipment/weight management process could be made a bit more immediate.

Check the screenshot below. For example:

1) Add a vertical green bar between the green and the red area. The vertical line should be always visible, so that it is immediately clear how much weight the soldier can carry without losing AP

2) Next to the label "Carried Weight" add the max weight that a soldier can carry without losing AP.

See the mockup screenshot below

Weight2.jpg

Just a suggestion, as always.

Weight2.jpg

Weight2.thumb.jpg.32f9c21a41de0529b37736

Edited by stx

I like as well - as it there's a bit of guessing involved (oh, hm, his strength leveled up, can i stick another grenade on him?). If the formula is as super simple as str/2 then it's not as necessary, but having a lighter grey bar that extends to the right for safe load, or a little marker at the end would be helpful.

I like as well - as it there's a bit of guessing involved (oh, hm, his strength leveled up, can i stick another grenade on him?). If the formula is as super simple as str/2 then it's not as necessary, but having a lighter grey bar that extends to the right for safe load, or a little marker at the end would be helpful.
It is. It's exactly that in fact as far as I can tell. But adding a shadow/vertical indicator would be a nice touch.