[Kickstarter demo] [launcher] "Failed to create Direct3D Object"

When loading the Kickstarter demo, I get the following error message when clicking either "quick battle" or "full demo".

"Failed creating the Direct3D device."

(Yes I typed the wrong error message into the title of the thread)

Running the game at 1024x768 resolution with anti-ailiasing on or off. I'm running a Pentium 4 2.8ghz with 1.5gb of RAM, with a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (128mb I *think*).

Any help? Or is the real solution to burn my computer with fire and get a new one?

Downloaded new drivers, and double checked - I'm running DirectX9.0c, which is the last version released for XP. Still having the same problem.

On the other hand, having the proper drivers has fixed a couple of other games. So, that's something! ^_^

I suspect this is down to how old your graphic card is. It's ancient after all, nearly 10 years old and it was a budget card then. It's probably not got enough onboard memory (hence the failure to create D3D device).

I don't know if XP is actually officially supported either considering it's been surpassed by two, soon to be three, replacements.

I suspect this is down to how old your graphic card is. It's ancient after all, nearly 10 years old and it was a budget card then. It's probably not got enough onboard memory (hence the failure to create D3D device).

I don't know if XP is actually officially supported either considering it's been surpassed by two, soon to be three, replacements.

Yeah, kind of thought that would be the case; this bag of bones is still limping along from several years ago.

XP is still a pretty popular/wide spread OS though, so for selfish reasons I would love for it to be supported. ^_^