[v10.1 - Ground Combat - Firing from a window impacts negatively on your accuracy]

I know a couple of versions back the to hit calculations underwent a bit of work and from what I can see objects that you're taking cover beside no longer count as cover for your target. However, it seems as if this change hasn't applied to window tiles. I had a soldier who shot out the glass first and then took a shot at an alien about...8 tiles away. His to hit chance was showing as 21%. After the alien had returned fire a couple of times, the window and surrounding wall were completely destroyed.

My guy lined up another shot from the same tile as before and his hit chance was now 57% or there abouts. Neither he nor the alien had moved, so it's clearly the window he was firing from for protection that had had a negative effect on his shot. Is this going to be fixed at all? I'm assuming this is still a bug, as it penalises you for positioning your soldiers in certain tactical locations.