Sign in to follow this  
Cakebomb

Need advice on balancing alien armor and resillience

Recently, I got the Xenonauts: Xenophobia mod, and I've noticed that the later tier aliens seem like absolute bullet sponges. Sebillian warriors tanking 4 alenium grenades with barely any damage, wraiths practically ignoring shots from a large bore alenium shotgun, etc. I decided to tinker with the alien's resilience and armor values (along with accuracy for some), but I've found that the game is now too easy. Any recommendations on a good balance between alien's not being bullet sponges while at the same time not being made of glass?

7 minutes ago, Cakebomb said:

But I like how you have to build everything in it, and the tons of weapons and such.

There are other mods which you build everything and got tons of weapons.. :)

But X Division gives you unlimited ammo, and the soldiers seem to be even worse at shooting than the Vanilla  game.

4 minutes ago, Cakebomb said:

But X Division gives you unlimited ammo, and the soldiers seem to be even worse at shooting than the Vanilla  game.

Hmmm.. its another discussion.. X-Division does not have ammo manufacture, because the game code is buggy at this.. you can return to base more then you started. But at new version you got already many things to manufacture non-stop.. soldier missing is another topic.. they need to get better weapons and better skills.. having rambos at start is not so good idea.. for me at least..