Noob Question: Order weapons in equipement screen

Casaubon

I´m adding some few weapons. Things people have done several times before me. However I searched the forums intensely but this probably was never asked(?)

HOW would you change the order of weapons in the equipment screen?

By modmerge-insert I get new stuff to append at the end of the list. What I´m trying to achieve is to group pistols together than rifles than other stuff of the same type...

Do I have to modmerge-update the vanilla stuff with mine and afterwards repaste copies in the xmls of the previously overwritten data?

You can't easily change that, they are ordered like they come from the XML files, so the weapons you add will be in the end of the list. If you want them in a certain order, remove the vanilla ones and create new entries for them in the order you want.

By removing I mean, make them not appear in the list by editing their entries, then add copies.

thats what I thought, thank you!

Problem is, some items in the list are researchable so to achieve the order I´d like then I´d need to remove and readd after research was triggered. makes it even more a hassle

Edited by Casaubon