Can't activate/download CE on steam-Any alternatives?

Hey guys. I just purchased the game, thru Humble Store. I activated my steam key and downloaded the "Vanilla" 1.59 stable build. I only activated the included Mod, (Skitso's Map Pack). Everything is working fine.

I decided I wanted to try the Community Edition. I followed the instructions, right-clicking to select beta version Community Edition, in the Steam app. It then starts to download and queue update but keeps getting stuck saying "error. not enough disk space". I have an available 144k gigs of space. It's not my hard drive.

I uninstalled, deleted "blob file", ran Steam as Administrator, switched download location servers (tried all suggestions in a similar thread on Steam). Nothing worked.

I reinstalled Xenonauts 1.59 and it works fine. When I try to open the CE beta, thru steam, I keep getting the error and it won't update to let me play community edition.

Can I just install and download game directly to my Hard Drive, using my Bundle store purchase, and get CE edition thru here? Or does anyone know of any workarounds with this issue on Steam? Steam seems more convenient but it keeps getting stuck in the download/update process.

I really want to play with a couple of the mods that are only available with CE edition. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Okay. I'll give it a shot. Thank you.

My anti-virus program was preventing xenonauts exe, for CE edition, from running and therefore was not letting me get to update it and run it.

For some reason I had notifications off in my Anti-virus settings so it wasn't showing that the executable was being prevented so I had no idea what was going on. Got CE loaded up now and working great. Now which Mods to use? hmmm...:) Sorry. This was suggested in the troubleshooting tips and I missed it. This is a really fun game.

Thanks!