A plea to the devs, or the community

Iommi

I'm playing Xenonaut on my windows tablet, and what this game really needs is a menu button for the geoscape and the battlescape. I imagine there isn't a lot of you out there who play xenonauts on your tablets but with a stylus for pin-point precision it works flawlessly. Perhaps anyone knows of a mod for this? Its not a big hassle to attach a keyboard, but having to do it on the train or on the can just to press esc is a bit of a hassle. Thanks.

I'm playing Xenonaut on my windows tablet, and what this game really needs is a menu button from the geoscape and the battlescape. I imagine there isn't a lot of you out there who play xenonauts on your tablets but with a stylus for pin-point precision it works flawlessly. Perhaps anyone knows of a mod for this? Its not a big hassle to attach a keyboard, but having to do it on the train or on the can just to press esc is a bit of a hassle. Thanks.

I've got a big gaming laptop but play xenonauts almost exclusively on my Surface. Like you say, works great. Shame about the lack of menu button. Luckily I've got a cover so just have to flip it around. Could imagine a pain without though.

Im not sure but is it possible to run in windowed mode?

Oh yea, i usually auto calculate dogfights because i suck at them, but there's no button for pausing them so that is impossible aswell. I don't know if this is a lot more difficult to incorporate and it's not that important to me. But it would be nice? It'd be a shame not to go all the way and make the game completely tablet compatible.

There are presumably other things that don't have any UI for them, such as melee attack, but I don't see why this couldn't be all handled if somebody would be motivated enough to do the core of the work.

But it would be nice? It'd be a shame not to go all the way and make the game completely tablet compatible.

So just go ahead and do it. The UI is in assets/scripts , ground combat panel is combatguiexport*.lua, air combat pausing could go to aircombatspeeds.lua, geoscape could go I think in gamescreen.lua . Just adding it there won't actually trigger the UI actions, but I can add that after somebody does all this.

IIRC much of the problem is due to the game engine that was chosen and can't be fixed. There are other threads about this somewhere.

I know blaming the PG engine is kind of traditional here, but it really has nothing to do with lack of buttons in the UI (neither with many of the other things it gets blamed for, unless the blame is that it has nothing to do with them).

I know blaming the PG engine is kind of traditional here, but it really has nothing to do with lack of buttons in the UI (neither with many of the other things it gets blamed for, unless the blame is that it has nothing to do with them).

I was referring to the problems with windowing. Sorry I was very unspecific. :)