[X:CE 0.31 HF1] Flammable ship tiles when landed on dry grass/hay

bigdog

Playing Xenonauts: CE on steam, no other mods installed

This is linked to my previous bug report (see "Invisible idle alien that can not be killed")

When a ufo is placed/landed on dry grass/hay when you throw a grenade inside the ship it starts a fire as if the grenade had been thrown onto a dry grass/hay surface. Therefor it starts a massive fire that slowly spreads out killing the aliens in the ship and slowly spreads out like a ring to the rest of the hay/dry yellow grass field.

Seems to be a oversight with the rural area tileset when a ship landed on a flammable surface shares its flammable properties

A fix would be good that changes the tiles inside the ship to non-flammable.

Steps to recreate:

-play a ground tactical mission with a rural tileset where the ufo is landed on a hay field/dry yellow grass.

-throw a grenade while inside the ship (i have used a flashbang and the second time a alenium grenade)

-watch as fire engulfs spreads out from where the grenade landed and spreads to the outer boundries of the flammable hay field/dry grass tiles

Unfortunately I am playing ironman mode and cannot supply a saved game before the field was set on light but will upload one when i encounter the rural tileset and ship on hay field next, for convenience.

(Note that in the screenshots despite my soldiers retreating to the outside of the ship, in both occasions the fire was started with grenades inside the ship)

2014-12-30_00001.jpg

2014-12-31_00002.jpg

2014-12-30_00001.jpg

2014-12-31_00002.jpg

2014-12-30_00001.jpg.21bc7e2bed02d476c3d

2014-12-31_00002.jpg.d224b6c0289138c2f73

Its cool how all the flammable material catches on fire, however at the moment it can be exploited by starting a fire inside or outside the ship which spreads into/throughout the ship killing all aliens (it they are vulnerable to fire).