X:CE 0.31 Release Candidate

llunak

Ok, found few bugs already:

First, set BG music to zero. Still starts to play it in certain circumstances. (can't yet say what they are) Also, BG music volume fluctuates when sound effects are played (music gets more silent when other SFX are played)

Second: a 3 story building with a balcony at the 2nd floor. If a player unit stands on a balcony, third floor foof is not visible.

Otherwise, great looking changes. Especially the roof toggle stuff. I love it!

And one more (sorry, for some bizarre reason I can't edit my posts any more?)

If a unit or cursor is outside of a ufo but inside the submap, the ufo roof is removed. This is easy to notice with light scout when a unit stands outside of the ufo, diagonally adjacent to the door. This happens only if the ufo door is open.

Dunno if there's anything that can be done to this though...

Volumes are an engine thing, so I don't think I can't do anything there.

Balcony: Testcase?

Ufo roof: It's not really everywhere inside the submap, it's just that the specific tile there is also marked as UFO hull, since there's a tiny little bit of it. I can try to write it down for my todo if I find a way to handle it.

No, it doesn't load. But is this about a balcony in soviettown? That should be the same issue like with the light scout, the balcony is marked as being part of the room, so a unit on it is technically inside the room. If it bothers you enough, I'd expect this could be fixed by removing the room id from those tiles.