Xenonauts: Community Edition 0.27

Solver

That sounds like a faulty install. I'm not sure how that could be the case if you're using the mod installer, though, as it should do everything fine.

Can I get you to try this:

1) Download the mod from the downloads page on the forum (I assume you actually already have this, but just wanted to be clear)

2) Create a new folder in assets/mods called 'xce'

3) Copy the contents of the XCE .zip folder into the new 'xce' folder you created.

4) Copy the executable files (xenonauts.exe, xenonauts_gc.xce, and the map editor files) into your top level Xenonauts directory (so they overrwrite the vanilla executables).

Following these steps exactly should make the mod work fine. If it still doesn't, I have no clue why it doesn't work for you, especially after a completely fresh install.

I'll give it a shot.

Oh snap. Well, I figured out what was wrong with mysself trying to navigate the Betas menu. The Xenonauts launcher was open which prohibited me from changing which version of the game I had through Steam. Was your Xenonauts launcher open when you were trying to change the beta tab, Ender?

No lol. I've not tried opening things with the game or launcher open, I would imagine that wouldn't do a whole lot :-P

Edit: Bahaha. My power went out last night and so I had to reboot my computer. For some reason, the beta opt-in works now lmao. I rarely turn my computer off or reboot it, maybe that's all it needed. Downloading via steam now.

And that seems to have done it. Woot!

Also, is it possible to play this without swapping out the .exes? In the readme it looks like it said it was possible. I ask because I use a trainer (haha yeah, I'm a cheater) and it doesn't worth with the X:CE .exe.

Edited by endersblade