V 1.07 screen flickering in geoscape+ground combat

Hi!

This is actually starting to get on my nerves, the constant flickering in the game. Did a search on "flickering, tearing" only found old posts from 2013, so i'm not sure if this bug is only happening to me.

EDIT: No here's a recent post: http://steamcommunity.com/app/223830/discussions/0/540744937340066330/

Thanks

My specs

i5 3570k 4.5Ghz

12GB RAM

radeon 7950 OC

SSD

win 8.1

I get this too, both Geoscape and ground (much worse on the ground.) An interesting characteristic of the Geoscape flicker was that it was intermittent, and tended to happen the most when I was zoomed in a notch or more from global, and had the mouse pointer over water. The computer was trash, but I'm a bit concerned because the replacement has similar characteristics to the one reported here.

Correction, it happens BOTH on geoscape and ground combat. Seems like this is a rare issue with just a few of us.

Yes this is on my SSD, no I also have several regular HDD's. Installing the game on a regular hdd still nets the same issue.

Thanks for responding to my post.

This case is unusual because generally the Geoscape doesn't get texture issues, and the fact you're on a SSD and it's your main drive means it can't be any of the other usual suspects either. (Unless you've not tried it on your C:/, whatever that is?)

My hunch is it's something to do with either Windows 8.1 or your graphics card drivers. Have you tried updating your graphics card drivers? If you have, would you mind going into the install directory and trying Xenonauts.exe with the compatibility modes for Windows 7 (and maybe some others) enabled? The game works fine for me on Windows 8 on my work machine, but that's not been updated to Windows 8.1. Maybe that's something to do with it.

Those are the only suggestions I can think of. Please let me know if it works, if not then I'd say that was valid grounds for the retailer to grant you a refund.

This case is unusual because generally the Geoscape doesn't get texture issues, and the fact you're on a SSD and it's your main drive means it can't be any of the other usual suspects either. (Unless you've not tried it on your C:/, whatever that is?)

My hunch is it's something to do with either Windows 8.1 or your graphics card drivers. Have you tried updating your graphics card drivers? If you have, would you mind going into the install directory and trying Xenonauts.exe with the compatibility modes for Windows 7 (and maybe some others) enabled? The game works fine for me on Windows 8 on my work machine, but that's not been updated to Windows 8.1. Maybe that's something to do with it.

Those are the only suggestions I can think of. Please let me know if it works, if not then I'd say that was valid grounds for the retailer to grant you a refund.

Sorry for the late replay. I'm gonna try your suggestions. Been awhile since I updated my AMD drivers. Nvidia is much better for driver support, but AMD is of course cheaper.

Thank you for taking your time and helping me out, it's much appreciated. No refund is necessary, I can live with these "issues" since the game it self is a classic :)

Have a good one