Cities

Tilarium

I looked around but couldn't find one. Has anyone thought about doing a small mod to add more cities to the game? Would love to see all the major US cities (Boston, St. Louis, Chicago, Austin, etc etc) and more cities in Africa and the Soviet Union but definitally more around the world.

I looked around but couldn't find one. Has anyone thought about doing a small mod to add more cities to the game? Would love to see all the major US cities (Boston, St. Louis, Chicago, Austin, etc etc) and more cities in Africa and the Soviet Union but definitally more around the world.

Just add them to cities.xml, it's fairly straightforward.

That tool makes it so much easier! I'd been just matching them up with google earth on 1 monitor and the game on the other. HAHA! I've actually gotten a couple dozen US cities in right now. Removing some now and looking for new ones to put in. One thing I'm noticing is that zooming in (as far as the game lets me) makes the country name show up, wonder if there's a way to prevent that. What I mean is when I'm zoomed out I just see "Dallas" but as I zoom in I see "Dallas, United States". Because of that a lot of names are running together.

Thinks were going pretty smooth but all of a sudden, all of the cities have vanished. What I was doing was one section at a time. North America, check the game. Latin America, check. South America, check. South Africa, North Africa, Middle East. Everything up to the Middle East went fine. When I finished doing Europe all the cities were gone. I'm thinking there's a limit to the number of cities one can have in the game. Anyone know? I'm to tired to search around and look right now.. been at it for around 10 or 11 hours now.

Can you count amount of cities in your final xml file?

And/or share your xml so someone can test it.

If there is limit, no one, to my knowledge, posted anything about it.

Best way will be to ask in the community coder threads, since they can actually search in the source code if such limit is there.

Indeed, was a type. I failed to mention that a couple of cities in the UK were showing up. UK is first in the list of cities so was easy to find the missing ">". Currently back at work fine tuning the European cities and their locations to minimalism overlaps.