Toogle fly/walk mode for Buzzard and Sentinel

Hi

is there a way or some hidden feature to choose how moving command should be executed as only walking, walking/flying with said armors?

I always prefer walking and choose fly when I see needed, like in old x-com

Thanks

i don't think there is a way to turn that off. the game only makes your soldier fly if it uses less TU though, so there is little reason not to do it, unless you think it will make you receive some nasty reaction fire. but in that case you could just manually move your soldier in smaller steps.

The pathfinding routine picks the most efficent method of travel at the start of travel, so this will mean it will automatically pick flying over walking if flying gives a better route. There's no switch off other than what xXSunSlayerXx has mentioned.

Still I think it will be a nice addition be able to choose to fly or not. Moving in small steps is what I am already doing, but if that is your solution then I would ask for a waypoints systems :D ( also for aircraft, I have read that for aircraft somewhere but cant find it )

Anyway, maybe one can hope for a future implementation

The pathfinding routine picks the most efficent method of travel at the start of travel, so this will mean it will automatically pick flying over walking if flying gives a better route. There's no switch off other than what xXSunSlayerXx has mentioned.

I have some issues with this system.

If I try to sell a soldier to move to a location that its beyond what they can reach, and the efficient way to get there would be flying either all or part of the way, the soldier will not move, period.

If the soldiers move along the ground this is not a problem, they just move to their max range, its only an issue if they are flying at least part of the way.

My soldiers currently use the sentinel armor as its the best armor next to the heavy armor(forget the name), and this is something I find very annoying, as I have to find the location the soldier can move to instead of just having them move as far as they can with the TU's available if I choose a location thats beyond the range of their TU's.

I dont mind the way the flying/no flying system works as long as they will just move.