Explosion Damage Scaling

Someone helped me find the variable to control the damage scale of explosives. MinExplosiveDamageLevel variable in config.xml, to control how much damage you take depending on how far you are from the explosion. Thanks to Solver for that.

Edited by Mask

I'm fairly certain that the 'damage scaling' variable always affected distance-from-target rather than distance-from-point-of-impact. The latter also used to be in game, you're right, but I think it was something that was simply applied to all explosive damage rather than a separate variable.

Nevertheless, I'd quite like to see this too. Have you suggested it in the community edition mod thread?

I'll go and suggest it to the community edition mod thread now. Thank you for reminding me of this.

I thought it was a separate variable in one version. I might be getting it mixed up with something else. Been to long since I was involved in modding the game.

I thought that was set by the disabledamagescaling flag in weapons_gc.xml?

Setting it to 1 made explosions flat damage across the whole area and setting 0 made the explosions do less damage the further from the impact point you were.

If not what does that flag actually do?

No, that flag stops damage falloff beyond maximum effective range (mostly used on explosive weapons to stop rockets from doing less damage when fired out of range).

Solver indicated on the X:CE thread that the variable for distance-from-impact damage is set in config.xml (ExplosiveMinDamage or something like that). I thought that was used to put a minimum threshold on damage randomisation from explosions, but apparently it's the proportion of damage which is done on the edge of the blast radius.