How do I fire or transfer Scientists/Enigeers?

Does anyone know how I can fire scientists or Engineers or if I can transfer them to another base?

When on the Research or Workshop screens, it I have 2 options.

Mange research/production or to hire/fire Engineers or Scientists.

But the only thing I seem to be able to do is hire people, I dont see any options anywhere to either fire them or transfer them to another base if I want to.

This means that if I want to change research or production to a different base, I have to hire more Engineers or scientists instead of just transferring them to a different base

The result of this is that the ones I already have will continue to drain money as I have to pay them salaries/upkeep, when they are just sitting there doing nothing, money that could be better spent on other things.

AFAIK you can't transfer them.

In hire/fire screen opposite when you hire scientists/engineers there is small arrow pointing left which will reduce the number of scientists/engineers, then you have to click the respective button which will show fire "scientists/engineers" instead of "hire scientists/engineers".

I must have hit a glitch somewhere.

I tried doing as you say before, but I could not fire any of them.

Not matter how many times I clicked on the left button I could not fire any of my scientists/Engineers.

And they were not working on a project when I tried firing them.

But it seems to be working as it should now.

I just wanted to shift my research to a secondary base and have more workshops in the base with my ground troops for faster production.