[Build V.9] Research topics disappear from research list when re-loading a saved game

When the game crashed due to the bug I mentioned previously (the intercept mission + high speed geoscape speed crash], I re-loaded a saved game. I noticed that one of my research topics I had before (something like "reworked alien alloys" or "reworked plasma system") disappeared from the list of possible topics. I know I saved the game after it became a possible topic, so I think I've discovered another bug.

I think there are two different bugs that are being thought of as the same one.

the dissapearing research i think is caused by the save/reload bug but the research options stop even if prereqs are complete bug seems to be linked to simply doing ground/air combat.

I started a new game and f.forwarded time till first air battle.

crashed a scout.

did the ground battle and the aliens dropped both the plasma rifle and the plasma pistol. note [said it sold the rifle but sent the pistol for research]

when the drop ship got back to base,[before starting any research] i saved the game.

then i started research and did nothing else but update research when needed and hire scientists.[no saves. no air or ground battles.just canceled all ufo radar hits]

went all the way thru the research tree including laser weapons and wolf armor and the ability to manufacture both.

restarted that 1st save and actually played all air and ground battles but never saved at all and the research tree ended just before getting the option for laser weapons and wolf armor.

played this one thru mid august and never got any more research at all then finally CTD.

restarted 1st save again and played thru mid august again only this time i saved the game in both ground and geoscape and ended up with same results as with no saves.

hope this helps :)

also this was just one string of games from one save i played.

i also played several, some with saves some without saves,none got me laser/wolf option.

the one where i did no air/ground battles is the only one that i ever saw those research options in.