Money

Haven`t found a thread for release version of the game. So what is the best strategy for good income? Cause entering plasma era with 2 bases on veteran difficulty i find my funding income not covering my monthly upkeep and air-striking or completing missions dont help much.

You need to takedown UFOs as fast as possible, the more you let them f*** around over the globe, the less money you get per month.

What works for me is a 2nd base founed on the 1st day, 3rd base founded the next month. This puts me roughly at laser guns and alenium explosives in business, when the 3rd base become operational

You dont need to put 3 radars in each base for it to be effective, if youre not lazy you dont need a radar to get started. A single mig can track the bad events and find the UFO eventually(I dont know how veteran works, but on insane, I only get scouts and corvettes after september, thus not needing dogfighters yet). You need radars asap, but you need the planes in the air before that.

Completing mission is still almost 2 times better than airstriking, so unless youre getting your ass kicked in ground combat, clear as many as possible yourself. But you probably know that.

It also lets you sell the alenium you get to close some little gaps in money, i wouldnt do that unless really necessary.

The early bases make the first month a pain, but I turn in +200k each month after that, because I down the UFOs before they start to lower my income. Completing terror missions and bombing missions adds/substracts A LOT of income as well.

Edit:

What I meant by the last point, is that when you fly to reload, you let the corvettes and bombers start terror missions, bringing in more income than they take... this is risky of course.

Edited by ViniJones

I had three bases on veteran difficulty when the plasma era started and two strike teams. (2 laboratories with maxed scientists in my main base.)

I personally haven't used interceptors to scout popping up events. (To any measurable success at least I think)

It was v21 or v22 I believe.

Money was quite tight but I always tried to do the ground combat manually unless I really couldn't be bothered and I didn't think it was necessary. Funding didn't cover all of my expenses but ground combat helped out. I used mainly rookies (everybody who had even some kind of rank tended to die very fast) and spammed grenades, I brought even extra with some people and then dropped them at the start. I also suffered from the bug where my wolf armor disappeared after soldiers had died. Thankfully laser and plasma weaponry didn't.

I realize here aren't a whole lot of tips but maybe it helps out some :D

I do the 2nd lab on the 1st day in the 1st base. 2nd workshop next month in the 1st base.

After all 3 bases have radars and interceptors I add more labs in the other bases, but thats up to you wether you like to equip more strike teams by building more workshops, or rush for a single strike team armed with plasma, thus building more auxillary labs. Or both if you can manage.