[V1.05 HF - Air Combat] Plane attacks different target

Recently I was intercepting some UFOs. New and bigger UFO appeared, so I was changing plane targets to resolve the situation. My fighter in the end was, attacking on different UFO, than his mark was present on the Geoscape.

At the screenshot - the dialog states that Foxtrot-1 intercepted fighter Ufo-21 (0% Victory). The Geoscape shows completely different thing. Ufo-21 (Fighter - smaller triangle) is without a single fighter interceptor. Ufo-20 (top - bigger signal is followed by Condor-1 (clearly visible) and also Foxtrot-1 (Overlayed by Condor-1 text but still recognizable).

2014-06-19_00002.jpg

2014-06-19_00002.jpg

2014-06-19_00002.thumb.jpg.0abaa4525be47

I might be missing something but it looks like you where about to intercept UFO 21, a scout or corvette, when UFO 20, a fighter flying an air superiority mission, intercepted you instead.

I have noticed that alien fighters seem to engage from much further away in geo-scape view then your ships do, but did not think it mattered.

It might be useful if nothing else to change the engage dialog from "Foxtrot 1 engages UFO 21" to "UFO 21 intercepts Foxtrot 1" to clarify the difference.

-Scorpion

Edited by Scorpion

Thanks for explanation, it makes sense now. It was a little bit confusing for me that Im under attack, but fighter and ufo are quite far away (well... experience from other ufo games). After understanding it correctly it is actually a quite nice feature :-)

Btw, good work -- Xenonauts is a really great game, that I enjoy playing.