Alien Crash Landings - Power Core explosion dummied out?

Has the potential for the power core to explode and kill additional aliens prior to a mission been dummied out of the code, or does it still work? Between the pre-mission screen which explained how badly damaged the ship will be having been removed, and my own anecdotal evidence that I don't think I've ever seen a ship since official release that didn't have an intact core, I'm inclined to believe it was pruned.

Also, if it does still work and I'm just getting an unfortunate string, does the variable "<killCrewOnPowerCoreExplodedChance" overwrite "<killCrewOnCrashChance" entirely when triggered, or add the additional fatalities to those already calculated?

Never fiddled with the figures, but it looks like it wouldn't matter if the power cores exploded or not. killCrewOnCrashChance is triggered if the power core doesn't explode, but killCrewOnPowerCoreExplodedChance and killCrewOnCrashChance both have exactly the same percentage chance to kill an alien.

Yeah, it used to be 25% chance of kill for a regular crash, and 40% chance for a power-core explosion. It was removed around/shortly before v1.0 and made flat across both.

It's not actually necessarily a bad thing: the more aliens you strip out of a mission, the less interesting it's going to be. I presume that's why it happened.

The power core explosion mechanic still works, though. So the numbers could be changed if you wanted to.