Options for a more convenient lategame

Having played a good amount of Xenonaut's latgame recently I always felt annoyed by some minor details.

A characteristic of the latgames is that there are simply far more units on the field. More of my duds and more Aliens. Commanding up to 16 units per turn can be tricky and they look nearly look all the same. So one of the things I would like to see is an option to make clear which role the unit has. Maybe a little icon floating above that shows assult, sniper, etc. it just would just be easier to handle. Could also be applied to the Aliens if that isn't considered OP.

Second thing is animation and movement speed. Would be nice if I could make it run faster :)

Maybe just put their rank (or rank insignia) and last name, or maybe initials over their heads, I usually identify what Xenos are what by their race, weapon and armor and prioritize accordingly. Depending on angle, it isn't too hard to identify your troopers gear either. And I'm sure there are quite a few people who don't pay attention to unit roles as there is no benefit to them.

It really isn't hard to identiy each character but can take time, when I have 16 Xenonauts clumped up would it be nice to see at one glance who's who. That's a problem I never really had as long I still used only 8 soldiers fighting 2-4 Aliens at once.

Nothing vital but imo useful :)

Edit:

Just realised that I misspelled the thread titel. If a mod read this would it be nice if you could fix it, thank you in advance :)

*edit by gauddlike:

Title changed.*

Edited by Gauddlike