[V1.59 stable - Geoscape] CTD on base defense with no defenders

Game crashes to desktop upon loading a base defense mission, where there are no defenders present.

Soldiers have however been ordered for the base, and have not arrived yet.

--Timeline--

Corvette appears and destroys my interceptors charged with protecting the pacific

Terror mission appears, team dispatched in Charlie-1 from base stationed in Europe.

While team is in transit, the corvette attacks the base located in Asia (Seedy Seaside), triggering a base defense mission, there are no defenders available for selection in the load out screen, upon pressing the geoscape button, to initiate the battle, the game briefly loads ground combat, before crashing.

---

It may be significant that the base is 2 days away from finishing a defense battery, and has soldiers hired, but who have not arrived yet.

This is particularly unfortunate, as I'm playing in Ironman, and I can't figure out a way to prevent the UFO from landing, to avoid the crash!

A save is attached, with the UFO already patrolling around the base, preparing to attack.

Good game btw, very atmospheric. Still haven't quite got ground combat figured out, but it's fun!

Aut.sav

Aut.sav

Aut.sav

You misunderstand, the base currently has no soldiers stationed there whatsoever. The sky ranger left from a different base. ( I only mentioned it, in case it ended up being relevant to reproducing the crash)

New soldiers have been hired for the base that is under attack, but they have not arrived yet.

I have had empty bases attacked before, and they have been simply destroyed, so my best guess as to why this base is bugged, is because of the hired soldiers who have not arrived.

As for recovering the game, I managed to resolve things by hacking the save file, so that the UFO targeted a different base, where there are defenders present :)

It's not perfect, as by rights, I should have lost that base, but it's more than adequate