A Soviet weapons mod that keeps the NATO weapons

Troublechuter

Hi guys.

So I'm interested in getting the Soviet weapons into my game somehow, and neither method I've tried so far has worked properly. The official Soviet weapons mod switches the NATO weapons out, but I want both sets of weapons available. I did manage to find an old mod that does exactly this, but because it hasn't been updated for v1.51, the "Aircraft has refueled/rearmed" messages come out as "####".

So basically I'd like to know if there's an up-to-date mod that will do what I want, or if this is something I'm going to have to mod in myself, and if so, how much effort would this be, and where in the game's files should I start looking?

• 1 month later...

I was thinking the same thing as Troublechuter. It would be nice to choose between NATO and Warsaw pact weaponry in the ballistic tier) since I always tend to have one western and one eastern strike team :)

Khall's Carbines & Shotguns mod helps in that regard, but I´m missing the soviet carbine and some standard nato rifle then somewhat and also thought of modding it myself.