So much smoke? WAD or prob?

UfoTubby

My game is now 1.09 vanilla, XCE 0.28, Skitskos maps, and pure gfx additions like those cool armor pics.

From time to time I get missions where the downed UFO is so full of smoke, often on the upper level too, that I hardly can see anything inside. That is on my display, my soldiers still seem to spot aliens normally. But with smoke so thick it's sometimes a pain to find their position to target them. Is this WAD as a result of air combat? Feels pretty overdone...

The smoke on upper floor is because the tiles can be updated once spotted by player. Therefor after crashing the upper floor will be on fire until the player reaches UFO. Then the fire turns into smoke. I think using Enhanced Crash sites, might solve your problem, as it changes what gets blown? If not - surely Fire In The Hole makes that the upper floors remain intact by the crash. It incorporates ECS, so you will find more smoke on the outside of the UFO.