Crouching decreases accuracy after a certain acc stat threshold

Charon

8 hours ago, Charon said:

I checked it, and it works as intended, crouch is a +20% increase in accuracy.

So this means if you have 30% chance to hit and crouch, its 36%.

I looked at your pictures, and the change you see cant because of the crouching, so something else may be interfering. Try it out on other occasions too and you will see it works correctly, but there might be inteferences in this case ( smoke, obstacle that gets wrongly calculated, ... )

1 hour ago, Pandi said:

Please check it with very high-maximum accuracy numbers. I think cause in it.

1 hour ago, Charon said:

?

There are only numbers available between 5 % and 95 %. At 20 % its 24%, at 40% its 48%, at 60% its 72%, at 80 its .. 95%.

56 minutes ago, Pandi said:

I expirienced this (crouch % drop) when trained accuracy at max. In clear field without smoke or obstacles... It max (95%) when stand and drops when crouch. So behind this no so simple.

48 minutes ago, Charon said:

hm ... i will look into that issue, but even if we confirm it theres not much i can do, i guess, other than giving it to @Solver. A video would be welcome.

Summary: Soldiers with a certain level of accuracy will start to get decreased accuracy when they crouch. This effect is detrimentally the higher the soldier accuracy stat becomes. While starting soldiers with an accuracy of 60% seem to get a small bonus, higher level  soldiers with more accuracy seems to get a decreasing effect for their target when they crouch.

Here is a short video with a soldier that has 1550 accuracy: 2017-02-12-1807-13.mp4

Reproduction: Check how a starting soldiers shown accuracy behaves when crouched/uncoruched.

Set the starting bonus to your desired value to see how higher ranked soldiers behave.

Update: The decreasing effect is ever so slightly active at 100 soldier accuracy. It can be presumed that the breaking point starts around that.

Edited by Charon

10 minutes ago, Solver said:

Kinda unfair for this to be in the X:CE bug forum since it's a vanilla bug ;)

Move it there, i just thought it would be better in your capable hands who actually is interested in fixing this, than in the vanilla forum, but ill make one there too.