[12.1] Crash when loading save

12. 1 saves.

basicaly loading from intro menu is OK. but when for example i do somethimng seupid and want to reload, it crash. no matter what kind of save it was

EDIT: to clarify: when in game i load with ESC quick menu load, it crashes. same saves loaded at start work perfect.

Edited by lamhirh

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same problem, running 12.1, a veteran non-iron man game. At first I noticed that I if I tried to load a saved gmae made on the tactical screen it reverted to the engaging combat dialog on the Geoscape (but I'm not sure if tactical saving is enabled or not at the moment). However, soon after I first noticed that, and about the time I shot down two or three UFO's to crash sites, any kind of reload from in game, on the Geoscape, would CTD. then If I restarted the game, the save that i tried to reload before will work fine. But If I try to reload ANY save game while the game is running, it will CTD again. This is even if there are no crash sites or UFO's on the screen.

This may or may not be related, but several other bugs appeared about the same time and might be linked:

I found that my soldiers heal completely between two combats if i don't return to base (reported elsewhere).

Also, this CTD problem occurred very soon after I had the bug with no recruitable soldiers coming up, just a blank screen the second time I tried to recruit (also reported elsewhere). That one was worked around by starting a new game then reloading the old save in the old game and then getting a proper list of new recruitable soldiers (who were the same recruitables as those on the recruit list in the new game). At that time I began getting ghost soldiers on the Chinook. Two were listed as in training (and each was listed twice) but would actually pop up in the Tactical missions (one of each name only) but not in the soldier list (though they were green numbered circles in the Chinook base graphic and could not be taken off the ship). If I fast forwarded till the training was done, I could put them on or off the ship but they were always duplicated (that is the list showed two of the same name were on or off and if I changed the weapons of one of them, the other with the same name changed too.)