[V12] Saving whilst ufo is on geoscape move ufo when loaded

I was testing the save/load bug and saved whilst a scout was "doing it's thing" near my base, no interceptors sent yet.

Upon loading the red triangle ufo icon was top left, above the grey line showing the top of the movable geoscape around (where the grey text "authorisation.... valid" is).

Attempting to intercept gave no eta, so it was out of range.

(in the game that was saved the interceptors were sent out and downed the ufo, loading the save after downing the ufo cause ctd on load attempt)

It appears that when targeting that ufo in upper right corner, game generates ufo containing two light scouts randomly somewhere in map which my interceptors attack. Reason why I think it's generated right then is because this happens even in beginning of easy game (well I haven't checked this in later moments of game...) when there is usually single scouts. Also these don't leave site when they crashes.

I had a similar bug on loading a save game where I had two interceptors going after two UFOs before I saved and quit. The top interceptor was heading Norway - now west of Greenland, the bottom interceptor was heading Congo - now northern Brazil.

Teleported UFOs.jpg

Update: Going back into the game, I received the Escaped message, one interceptor was magically home, and the other was about to land.

Teleported UFOs.jpg

577e7c988aa9d_TeleportedUFOs.jpg.949c097

Edited by waju

I saved a game with two interceptors heading for one scout (already targeted). Something happened (can't remember what) that made me reload the game. The scout had moved to the upper left and there was no UFO in my radar range. I turned the speed up and my interceptors engaged the UFO where it used to be....only now there were TWO scouts, which didn't end well for the interceptors. Then when I reloaded again, I got a CTD and that save file was corrupted, wouldn't open.