Exploding Zombies!

kabill

EDIT: This Mod is more or less redundant as of final release. However, the animation used in this mod is slightly different to the vanilla one, using the purple-alien-gore-explosion rather than the ganked-by-reaper-explosion. As such, I'm going to leave it up in case people prefer the alternative version.

I realised while playing last night that I really don't like the zombie death animation. The zombie kind of keels over like anyone else, while the new Reaper just magically appears even while the zombie is still falling to the floor.

So I made a tiny little mod that replaces the zombie death animations with the exploding alien animation instead. Reapers now explode out of the dead zombie rather than suddenly appearing, making the transition look less odd and also more cool at the same time.

DOWNLOAD

Note that this has no effect when zombies naturally change from zombies to reapers; it only affects them when you shoot them. There doesn't seem to be an animation called when the natural transformation happens, at least based on the quick test I did before.

Edited by kabill

It would have to be a video, since a screen shot would be impossible to time well. But, for whatever reason, the software I used to do the last one managed to delete itself off my hard drive (I have no idea).

It's exactly the same animation you get when you use explosives to kill an alien, though, so you'll know more or less what it looks like.

It would have to be a video, since a screen shot would be impossible to time well. But, for whatever reason, the software I used to do the last one managed to delete itself off my hard drive (I have no idea).

It's exactly the same animation you get when you use explosives to kill an alien, though, so you'll know more or less what it looks like.

Hahahaha Cool! Really great!