[V22.8HF1 - Ground Combat] Can see an alien behind a wall

It is possible to see an alien hidden behind a wall if just a tiny corner of the alien's tile is visible.

Saved game: http://ge.tt/9pPEFIh1/v/0

walllos.jpg

In this case Sgt. Edmund Ward can see the alien, even though there's in fact no LOS, as the alien is behind a wall. The thing that seems to be causing this is that the soldier is standing about 20 tiles away in one direction and 1 tile to the side. If the soldier is not this 1 tile to the side, it's not possible to see the alien.

Therefore, strictly technically speaking, the soldier can see the tile where the alien is, but only a tiny corner of it. As such, this might be considered not a bug, but I find this happening to be rather annoying in practice, as it often allows soldiers to spot aliens they shouldn't have a reasonable chance of spotting. In order words, the aliens try to hide, but it's actually a wasted effort. So I think the alien should be spotted by the soldier only if there's a more reasonable chance (e.g. more of the tile is visible).

NOTE: The game crashes for me if I load the save directly. It however works if save from http://ge.tt/6EDeuGh1/v/0 is loaded first and then this one is loaded immediately. I don't know if it's a game bug, the save is from a game that continues from 22.7 where I at one point modified the save file header to be able to continue on 22.8 (which otherwise has worked fine and even this load crash started somewhen later). Either way, I doubt it's directly relevant for this bugreport.

walllos.jpg

walllos.jpg.a9842a6300b9a2ce8e4208b7c2d8