[V22.5 Geoscape] UFOs reappearing should get a new number after a small timeout

Hi,

when you detect a UFO and it disappears again outside of your range, the UFO still keeps its number, which generally does not make sense in itself. This is good tho, because otherwise UFOs leaving and entering your scan range will lead to multiple notifications popping up annoying you.

BUT, imho, there should be a timeout for UFOs that fly away a bit further. Why? Because sometimes these UFOs disappear for quite a while, I have nothing to do, so I accelerate the game to the fastest time, just to find that one of these pesky disappearing UFOs came back for a short peek in my range. After I had time to react it of course is yet again gone and cannot be found. I believe the original UFO or at least XCOM: TFTD did not have this behaviour.

I agree, especially because they sometimes pop back up after interceptors have had time to rearm/refuel (either from the sortie where the UFO in question escaped or after they returned from something else in the wave) and you can get a second shot at it. If the contact was lost, there is also no way to confirm that it was indeed the same contact via radar; particularly if it has a common radar profile as many of the ships do. If it had visual contact, and had clearly identifiable markings such as a unique paint scheme, prior battle damage, ect. (none of which are supported in the game system) then it should be assumed to be a fresh contact by radar watch standers as they have no means of actively chasing it down. Now if it was reacquired by interceptors that had been sent to it's last known position, I can agree with it not assigning it a new designator.

Sometimes when a Ufo gets out of range, I send an interceptor that way to find it, and sometimes it finds it. I would like it to pop up a Ufo detected - slow down to 5 sec message everytime a Ufo, first time or not enters radar vision. Making this a checkable option would be the way to go as probably not everyone will want it this way.